Thursday, March 29, 2007

Jason's Studio Space











Calamity John's Art Supplies meme has inspired me to post pictures of my section of the Little'en and Big'en studios.

Picture 1: Jason's Drawing table. It is a solid wood table given to Suzanne and I by my friends when we got married. I love how solid and heavy it is. On the drawing table, left to right, are: 30" T-square, 2 cork-24" SAE/metric metal rulers, pencil sharpener, 6 Micron pens ranging from 8 to 005, 6H pencil, 2H pencil, gum eraser, a 12" cork-backed SAE/metric metal ruler, a bottle of black ink, glass full of Sharpie markers and pencils, an antique quilpen holder now holding an exacto-knife, painter's masking tape, a 22" x 26" artist's board, sheets of 8.5" x 11" copy paper to scribble on and use as smudge preventers, a 15" x 20" 24-ply hotpress illustration board which will become page 5 of the 1st chapter of the Rabbit, wax paper, a cook's timer, a brush holder and brushes, a water jar for when I watercolor, the towel used when I watercolor, my watercolor pallette, and a pencil holder bag.
Picture 2: Jason's computer desk. The desk I purchased from an office supply store. It is on wheels, which allows me to roll it out of the way to get at the piles of books that could not fit onto our bookshelves. The desk contains on the top shelf, from left to right: A Serta Sheep stuffed animal my Grandmother gave me, a skull of a Nobody I made out of pipe-cleaners, a Cannon CanoScan Lide 70 scanner. On the main shelf, from left to right: A jar of pens and pencils, the glass pitcher I drink water from, my headphones, a 19" CRT monitor, my mouse, paperwork with dimensions and x,y coordinates for Mandala-pattern 14, loose change, my fitness profile from the JJC college, my journal/sketchpad, a HP Color Laserjet 2600n with teddy bear and notes, the Color Index by Jim Krause. My computer is a MAC G4 running OS X.
Picture 3: What my work area looks like. You can see The Rabbit Mask hanging over my drawing desk. There are additional paintings allong the walls. Also a model I made of the Flying Broom hangs on the wall.
Picture 4: A green steamer trunk I use to hold my artwork. At least the artwork that will fit in it. On top are inked pages from the Rabbit and pages yet to be inked.
Picture 5: A full view of the steamer trunk and the wall it rests against. It is placed under our bookshelves. Next to the steamer trunk is my altar. Under the plant is my Peanut's metal lunchbox I found when my parent's moved. In the left corner you can see an easel containing the last of Suzanne's Seasons series. It is turning out beautiful.
Picture 6: Lastly, here is a close-up of the model's I built for Biff and Rockey. There is also a T-rex I made from Legos.
-Jason
www.littleenandbigen.com

No comments: